Trusting Park Avenue socialite Mary Haines (Norma Shearer) loses her husband to scheming shopgirl Crystal Allen (Joan Crawford), and can only win him back if she becomes as cunning as her so-called friends.
Category: film analysis
This film adaptation of Lillian Hellman’s play involves the corrupt dealings of a wealthy Southern family at the turn of the 20th century. The vicious Regina Giddens and her two greedy brothers scheme mercilessly in their attempt to make a fortune on a new cotton mill.
- 1864In 1860-1869, 19th century, year overview
- 1859 – Gold silk day dress with floral brocadeIn 1850-1859, 19th century, garment analysis
- 1769 – Jean Honore Fragonard, A Woman With a DogIn 1760-1769, 18th century, artwork analysis
- 1872 – Mon. Vignon, Silk day dressIn 1870-1879, 19th century, garment analysis
- 1876In 1870-1879, 19th century, year overview