The beginning of 1871 saw a brief pause in fashion change due to the Franco-Prussian War and Paris Commune. The bustle (or tournure) with a half-train was the most desirable silhouette, often paired with a tablier, or apron-fronted skirt.
- 1997 – Besson, The Fifth ElementIn 1990-1999, 20th century, film analysis
- Norell: Flappers Back In FashionIn 1920-1929, 1960-1969, 20th century, LGBTQ+, thematic essays
- ByzantineIn Asia, Byzantine, culture overview
- backstrap loomIn Africa, Americas, B, L, term definition
- 1872 – House of Worth, Seafoam Green Silk GownIn 1870-1879, 19th century, garment analysis