Men’s fashion of the 1530s was dominated by the broad-shouldered silhouettes made iconic by King Henry VIII. Women’s fashion showed greater regional variation, with Italian women establishing trends that would soon spread to the rest of Europe in the second half of the century.
- 1840 – Queen Victoria’s Wedding DressIn 1840-1849, 19th century, garment analysis
- 1872 – Emile Pingat, Visiting DressIn 1870-1879, 19th century, garment analysis
- 1904 – John Singer Sargent, Lady Helen Vincent, Viscountess D’AbernonIn 1900-1909, 20th century, artwork analysis
- 1878 – James Tissot, EveningIn 1870-1879, 19th century, artwork analysis
- clocks/clockingIn 17th century, 18th century, 19th century, C, term definition