Women’s fashion was ornate above all else in 1855, with the hoop skirt reigning prominently in conjunction with brightly colored silks and satins accessorized with all varieties of tasteful trimmings.
Category: year overview
- 1884 – Edgar Degas, The Singer in GreenIn 1880-1889, 19th century, artwork analysis
- 1873 – Édouard Manet, The RailwayIn 1870-1879, 19th century, artwork analysis
- 1880 – Mary Cassatt, Lydia Crocheting in the Garden at MarlyIn 1880-1889, 19th century, artwork analysis
- 1887-1889 – Jean-Philippe Worth, Evening dressIn 1880-1889, 19th century, garment analysis
- 1865 – Cream silk taffeta evening dressIn 1860-1869, 19th century, garment analysis