Trusting Park Avenue socialite Mary Haines (Norma Shearer) loses her husband to scheming shopgirl Crystal Allen (Joan Crawford), and can only win him back if she becomes as cunning as her so-called friends.
Category: film analysis
This film adaptation of Lillian Hellman’s play involves the corrupt dealings of a wealthy Southern family at the turn of the 20th century. The vicious Regina Giddens and her two greedy brothers scheme mercilessly in their attempt to make a fortune on a new cotton mill.
- kenteIn 17th century, 18th century, 19th century, 20th century, 21st century, Africa, K, term definition
- AkweteIn 19th century, 20th century, A, Africa, term definition
- cochineal dyesIn 14th century, 15th century, 16th century, 17th century, 18th century, Americas, C, term definition
- wampumIn 17th century, 18th century, 19th century, Americas, term definition, W
- moccasinsIn 19th century, Americas, M, term definition