Trusting Park Avenue socialite Mary Haines (Norma Shearer) loses her husband to scheming shopgirl Crystal Allen (Joan Crawford), and can only win him back if she becomes as cunning as her so-called friends.
Category: film analysis
This film adaptation of Lillian Hellman’s play involves the corrupt dealings of a wealthy Southern family at the turn of the 20th century. The vicious Regina Giddens and her two greedy brothers scheme mercilessly in their attempt to make a fortune on a new cotton mill.
- 1910-14 – Callot Soeurs, evening dressIn 1910-1919, 20th century, garment analysis
- chemisetteIn 19th century, C, term definition
- 1510 – Titian, Portrait of a Man with a Quilted SleeveIn 1510-1519, 16th century, artwork analysis
- 1400-1409In 1400-1409, 15th century, decade overview
- 1870-1879In 1870-1879, 19th century, decade overview