Trusting Park Avenue socialite Mary Haines (Norma Shearer) loses her husband to scheming shopgirl Crystal Allen (Joan Crawford), and can only win him back if she becomes as cunning as her so-called friends.
Category: film analysis
This film adaptation of Lillian Hellman’s play involves the corrupt dealings of a wealthy Southern family at the turn of the 20th century. The vicious Regina Giddens and her two greedy brothers scheme mercilessly in their attempt to make a fortune on a new cotton mill.
- 2010 – Alexander McQueen, dressIn 2010-2019, 21st century, garment analysis
- 1762 – Juan Patricio Morlete Ruiz, Portrait of Doña Maria Tomasa Durán López de CárdenasIn 1760-1769, 18th century, artwork analysis
- caracoIn 18th century, C, term definition
- 1630-1639In 1630-1639, 17th century, decade overview
- 1620-1629In 1620-1629, 17th century, decade overview