For men, the 1630s was an age of leather, long locks and lace, while women shimmered in soft satins and plenty of lace of their own.
Maria Trip, painted by Dutch painter Rembrandt, wears very fashionable and costly 17th-century garments.
- 1997 – Besson, The Fifth ElementIn 1990-1999, 20th century, film analysis
- Norell: Flappers Back In FashionIn 1920-1929, 1960-1969, 20th century, LGBTQ+, thematic essays
- ByzantineIn Asia, Byzantine, culture overview
- backstrap loomIn Africa, Americas, B, L, term definition
- 1872 – House of Worth, Seafoam Green Silk GownIn 1870-1879, 19th century, garment analysis