For men, the 1630s was an age of leather, long locks and lace, while women shimmered in soft satins and plenty of lace of their own.
Maria Trip, painted by Dutch painter Rembrandt, wears very fashionable and costly 17th-century garments.
- 1860 – Cream silk evening dressIn 1860-1869, 19th century, garment analysis
- 1948-1987 – Willi SmithIn 1970-1979, 1980-1989, BIPOC, designer profile, LGBTQ+
- 1952 – Christian Dior, La CigaleIn 1950-1959, 20th century, garment analysis, LGBTQ+
- 1882 – John Singer Sargent, El JaleoIn 1880-1889, 19th century, artwork analysis, LGBTQ+
- 1856 – Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres, Madame MoitessierIn 1850-1859, 19th century, artwork analysis