Two decades after premiering his most scandalous painting, Madame X, John Singer Sargent unveiled a portrait of another woman known for her unworldly beauty and charm – Lady Helen Vincent, Viscountess D’Abernon.
Tag: House of Worth
In the fashion world everything has already happened. The inaugural exhibition, “Fashion Repeats Itself. The revival styles in 19th-century ladies fashion,” opening March 29th at the new Museum of Historical Costume in Poznan, Poland explores just that theme.
- 1780-1789In 1780-1789, 18th century, decade overview
- 1770-1779In 1770-1779, 18th century, decade overview
- 1760-1769In 1760-1769, 18th century, decade overview
- 1750-1759In 1750-1759, 18th century, decade overview
- Beetle-Wing Embroidery in Nineteenth-Century FashionIn 18th century, 19th century, 20th century, thematic essays