The Morgan Library & Museum’s collection of prints includes an extremely rare set of the world’s most radical fashion plates. Recently rediscovered, these revolutionary 1797-1804 pictures from the Journal des Dames et des Modes, in exceptionally good condition, have been digitized and edited in a website, Style Revolution.
Tag: primary source
- 1860 – Cream silk evening dressIn 1860-1869, 19th century, garment analysis
- 1948-1987 – Willi SmithIn 1970-1979, 1980-1989, BIPOC, designer profile, LGBTQ+
- 1952 – Christian Dior, La CigaleIn 1950-1959, 20th century, garment analysis, LGBTQ+
- 1882 – John Singer Sargent, El JaleoIn 1880-1889, 19th century, artwork analysis, LGBTQ+
- 1856 – Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres, Madame MoitessierIn 1850-1859, 19th century, artwork analysis