In 1520-1529, men and women both began to wear shirts with high standing collars ending in a frill at the neck and cuff, which would later evolve into the ruff. Dark colors continued to grow in popularity, as did everything oversize, among them: codpieces, gown sleeves, and elaborate headdresses.
- 1780-1789In 1780-1789, 18th century, decade overview
- 1770-1779In 1770-1779, 18th century, decade overview
- 1760-1769In 1760-1769, 18th century, decade overview
- 1750-1759In 1750-1759, 18th century, decade overview
- Beetle-Wing Embroidery in Nineteenth-Century FashionIn 18th century, 19th century, 20th century, thematic essays