A draped, outer garment made of a single piece of cloth that was worn by women in ancient Greece. Loose-fitting and held up with pins at the shoulder, its top edge was folded over to create a flap and it was often worn belted.
Tag: Ancient Greece
- 1860 – Cream silk evening dressIn 1860-1869, 19th century, garment analysis
- 1948-1987 – Willi SmithIn 1970-1979, 1980-1989, BIPOC, designer profile, LGBTQ+
- 1952 – Christian Dior, La CigaleIn 1950-1959, 20th century, garment analysis, LGBTQ+
- 1882 – John Singer Sargent, El JaleoIn 1880-1889, 19th century, artwork analysis, LGBTQ+
- 1856 – Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres, Madame MoitessierIn 1850-1859, 19th century, artwork analysis