A draped, outer garment made of a single piece of cloth that was worn by women in ancient Greece. Loose-fitting and held up with pins at the shoulder, its top edge was folded over to create a flap and it was often worn belted.
- 1910-14 – Callot Soeurs, evening dressIn 1910-1919, 20th century, garment analysis
- chemisetteIn 19th century, C, term definition
- 1510 – Titian, Portrait of a Man with a Quilted SleeveIn 1510-1519, 16th century, artwork analysis
- 1400-1409In 1400-1409, 15th century, decade overview
- 1870-1879In 1870-1879, 19th century, decade overview