A style of dress popular in the 1770s-80s, with a bodice cut all in one and often with the skirts looped up. The polonaise also came back into fashion during the 1870s.
- 1700-1709In 1700-1709, 18th century, decade overview
- 1787-9 – Alexandre-August Robineau, The Fencing-Match between the Chevalier de Saint-George and the Chevalier d’EonIn 1780-1789, 18th century, artwork analysis, BIPOC, LGBTQ+
- A History of Women’s SwimwearIn 18th century, 19th century, 20th century, 21st century, thematic essays
- 1990-1999In 1990-1999, 20th century, decade overview
- We Were There: Harlie Des Roches on the Black Presence in Renaissance EuropeIn 16th century, BIPOC, blog