Pompeo Batoni became the premiere portraitist for 18th-century English, Irish and Scottish gentlemen during their visit to Rome on the Grand Tour, as seen in this portrait of an unknown young man.
In Hyacinthe Rigaud’s most famous portrait, Louis XIV shows the majestic power of an absolute monarch. He is wearing his coronation robe embroidered with the royal fleur de lys along with some key elements of Baroque style such as the cravat, red heels, and the wig.
- 1922-1985 – Rudi GernreichIn 20th century, designer profile, LGBTQ+
- 2010-2019In 2010-2019, 21st century, decade overview
- 1983In 1980-1989, 20th century, year overview
- 1876 – James Tissot, SummerIn 1870-1879, 19th century, artwork analysis
- adinkraIn 17th century, 18th century, 19th century, 20th century, A, Africa, BIPOC, term definition