This Spring/Summer 2003 ensemble references 18th-century menswear, but inflects it with Cavalli’s signature sexiness and characteristic use of both denim and leopard print (for lining the cuffs). Cavalli replaces the expected breeches with a very on trend and daringly short mini-skirt and substitutes a silk bustier for the man’s waistcoat.
- 1997 – Besson, The Fifth ElementIn 1990-1999, 20th century, film analysis
- Norell: Flappers Back In FashionIn 1920-1929, 1960-1969, 20th century, LGBTQ+, thematic essays
- ByzantineIn Asia, Byzantine, culture overview
- backstrap loomIn Africa, Americas, B, L, term definition
- 1872 – House of Worth, Seafoam Green Silk GownIn 1870-1879, 19th century, garment analysis