Since its inauguration in 1969, the Museum at FIT has presented nearly 200 fashion exhibitions incorporating themes that intrigue and inform a broad range of audiences. “Exhibitionism” features 33 of the museum’s most interesting and influential fashion exhibitions.
Tag: Museum at FIT
“The Body: Fashion and Physique” explores fashion’s role in shaping and reflecting changing cultural ideals about the body through a selection of garments that highlight the origins and importance of contemporary body-positive trends.
- 1780-1789In 1780-1789, 18th century, decade overview
- 1770-1779In 1770-1779, 18th century, decade overview
- 1760-1769In 1760-1769, 18th century, decade overview
- 1750-1759In 1750-1759, 18th century, decade overview
- Beetle-Wing Embroidery in Nineteenth-Century FashionIn 18th century, 19th century, 20th century, thematic essays