A decorative ladder of bows descending down the stomacher of a dress. Worn during the late 17th and 18th centuries. Sometimes spelled eschelle.
- 1882 – John Singer Sargent, El JaleoIn 1880-1889, 19th century, artwork analysis, LGBTQ+
- chantilly laceIn 17th century, 18th century, 19th century, 20th century, 21st century, C, L, term definition
- 1788 – Jacques Louis David, Antoine-Laurent Lavoisier and Marie-Anne LavoisierIn 1780-1789, 18th century, artwork analysis
- 1783 – Élisabeth Louise Vigée Le Brun, Marie Antoinette in a Chemise DressIn 1780-1789, 18th century, artwork analysis
- 1778 – Thomas Gainsborough, Mrs. Grace Dalrymple ElliottIn 1770-1779, 18th century, artwork analysis