An rectangular cloak wrapped around the body and thrown over the left shoulder worn by the ancient Greeks.
- 1855 – Franz-Xaver Winterhalter, The Empress Eugénie Surrounded by her Ladies-in-WaitingIn 1850-1859, 19th century, artwork analysis
- 1883 – Pierre Auguste Renoir, City Dance (Danse à la ville)In 1880-1889, 19th century, artwork analysis
- poke bonnetIn 19th century, B, P, term definition
- Compartment Couture: New York City Department Stores 1850-1930In 19th century, 20th century, thematic essays
- Spanish farthingaleIn 15th century, 16th century, 17th century, F, S, term definition