A type of toga worn by an elite few in Ancient Rome and the Byzantine Empire that was richly embroidered, patterned and dyed solid purple.
Tag: early byzantine costume
- 1952 – Christian Dior, La CigaleIn 1950-1959, 20th century, garment analysis, LGBTQ+
- 1882 – John Singer Sargent, El JaleoIn 1880-1889, 19th century, artwork analysis, LGBTQ+
- 1856 – Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres, Madame MoitessierIn 1850-1859, 19th century, artwork analysis
- chantilly laceIn 17th century, 18th century, 19th century, 20th century, 21st century, C, L, term definition
- 1788 – Jacques Louis David, Antoine-Laurent Lavoisier and Marie-Anne LavoisierIn 1780-1789, 18th century, artwork analysis