Galliano’s stringy suede shimmy dress from the 1996 F/W Baby Maker collection captured the originality and innovative qualities of Galliano’s work – but also the appropriation of Native American cultures that he indulged in at this time.
Tag: John Galliano
John Galliano impresses the fashion world at the turn of the century with this champagne-pink, punk rock inspired evening gown. The asymmetrical bias-cut silk, daring slit, and body-hugging boning make the garment sexy, intriguing, and memorable.
- 1860 – Cream silk evening dressIn 1860-1869, 19th century, garment analysis
- 1948-1987 – Willi SmithIn 1970-1979, 1980-1989, BIPOC, designer profile, LGBTQ+
- 1952 – Christian Dior, La CigaleIn 1950-1959, 20th century, garment analysis, LGBTQ+
- 1882 – John Singer Sargent, El JaleoIn 1880-1889, 19th century, artwork analysis, LGBTQ+
- 1856 – Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres, Madame MoitessierIn 1850-1859, 19th century, artwork analysis