Tissot paid close attention to dress details, but his habit of adding a personal flair into the design sometimes rendered his paintings somewhat out-of-step with contemporary fashion trends.
Tag: princess line
Lady Meux relied on Whistler’s careful hand and international regard when crafting a new image for herself as an elegant woman who belonged to the elite class into which she had recently married.
- 1952 – Christian Dior, La CigaleIn 1950-1959, 20th century, garment analysis, LGBTQ+
- 1882 – John Singer Sargent, El JaleoIn 1880-1889, 19th century, artwork analysis, LGBTQ+
- 1856 – Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres, Madame MoitessierIn 1850-1859, 19th century, artwork analysis
- chantilly laceIn 17th century, 18th century, 19th century, 20th century, 21st century, C, L, term definition
- 1788 – Jacques Louis David, Antoine-Laurent Lavoisier and Marie-Anne LavoisierIn 1780-1789, 18th century, artwork analysis