In November 1994, Vivienne Tam presented her spring 1995 collection, which would become one of the most notable of her career. Known as the “Mao collection”, it comprised of t-shirts, dresses, and skirt suits featuring comical images of Mao Zedong (1893-1976), the founding father of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and former chairman of the Communist Party of China.
Tag: Vivienne Tam
- 1780-1789In 1780-1789, 18th century, decade overview
- 1770-1779In 1770-1779, 18th century, decade overview
- 1760-1769In 1760-1769, 18th century, decade overview
- 1750-1759In 1750-1759, 18th century, decade overview
- Beetle-Wing Embroidery in Nineteenth-Century FashionIn 18th century, 19th century, 20th century, thematic essays