An agal is a rope made from animal hair which wraps around a keffiya (square cloth) on the head and is worn typically by Bedouin men.
The kaftan (also caftan) is an ancient garment, which originated in Ancient Persia but then spread across Central and Western Asia. It is a kind of robe or tunic that was worn by both men and women. Kaftans are still worn today in different ways.
Since the mid-20th century, relations between Africa and China have grown stronger leading to a significant change in the mutual adaptation of fashion between both nations. A 21st century, Sino-African style has been formed by the intercultural meshing of traditional garments, textiles, and motifs.
In November 1994, Vivienne Tam presented her spring 1995 collection, which would become one of the most notable of her career. Known as the “Mao collection”, it comprised of t-shirts, dresses, and skirt suits featuring comical images of Mao Zedong (1893-1976), the founding father of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and former chairman of the Communist Party of China.
Gucci has taken a thoughtful, creative approach to engaging Chinese consumers. While other brands have fallen into caricature and suffered for it, Gucci has become a beloved and dominant luxury brand in China.
- 1922-1985 – Rudi GernreichIn 20th century, designer profile, LGBTQ+
- 2010-2019In 2010-2019, 21st century, decade overview
- 1983In 1980-1989, 20th century, year overview
- 1876 – James Tissot, SummerIn 1870-1879, 19th century, artwork analysis
- adinkraIn 17th century, 18th century, 19th century, 20th century, A, Africa, BIPOC, term definition