A dress originating in 18th-century France which was pleated at the shoulder and hung loose down, worn over hoops.
- 1906 – John White Alexander, Study in Black and GreenIn 1900-1909, 20th century, artwork analysis
- 1787 – Adélaïde Labille-Guiard, Madame AdélaïdeIn 1770-1779, 18th century, artwork analysis
- 1995 – Lee, Sense and SensibilityIn 1800-1809, 19th century, film analysis
- 1801 – Marie Denise Villers, Young Woman DrawingIn 1800-1809, 19th century, artwork analysis
- 1922-1985 – Rudi GernreichIn 20th century, designer profile, LGBTQ+