An often snug-fitting jacket that is shaped and fitted to a man’s body–worn mostly in the 15th to 17th centuries.
- carrick coatIn 1860-1869, 19th century, term definition
- 1855 – Franz-Xaver Winterhalter, The Empress Eugénie Surrounded by her Ladies-in-WaitingIn 1850-1859, 19th century, artwork analysis
- 1883 – Pierre Auguste Renoir, City Dance (Danse à la ville)In 1880-1889, 19th century, artwork analysis
- poke bonnetIn 19th century, B, P, term definition
- Compartment Couture: New York City Department Stores 1850-1930In 19th century, 20th century, thematic essays