Cochineal dyes come from the Cochineal beetle that is native to the Americas and is most commonly found on prickly pear cacti. When dried and crushed it creates its famous red pigment that is used to dye textiles.
- AkweteIn 19th century, 20th century, A, Africa, term definition
- cochineal dyesIn 14th century, 15th century, 16th century, 17th century, 18th century, Americas, C, term definition
- wampumIn 17th century, 18th century, 19th century, Americas, term definition, W
- moccasinsIn 19th century, Americas, M, term definition
- labretIn 14th century, 15th century, 16th century, Africa, Americas, L, term definition