Produced by the Asante peoples in Ghana, adinkra is a flat, cotton textile that is stamped with symbols which create the meaning of the garment.
- 1983In 1980-1989, 20th century, year overview
- 1876 – James Tissot, SummerIn 1870-1879, 19th century, artwork analysis
- adinkraIn 17th century, 18th century, 19th century, 20th century, A, Africa, BIPOC, term definition
- 1977 – Vivienne Westwood/Malcom McLaren/Jamie Reid, “God Save the Queen” T- shirtIn 1970-1979, 20th century, garment analysis
- 1855 – English Blue and White Print Day DressIn 1850-1859, 19th century, garment analysis