A flat and broad white collar often with lace on the edges, worn by men and women in the 17th century.
The frock coat is a collared man’s coat worn through the eighteenth to the twentieth century. It rose to prominence mainly in the nineteenth century, especially Victorian England. It is characterized as a knee-length overcoat, buttoned down to the waist, that drapes over the lower half of the body like a skirt.
- pelete biteIn 19th century, 20th century, 21st century, Africa, B, P, term definition
- ikatIn 19th century, 20th century, I, term definition
- huipilli/huipilIn 17th century, 18th century, 19th century, Americas, ancient, H, term definition
- kenteIn 17th century, 18th century, 19th century, 20th century, 21st century, Africa, K, term definition
- AkweteIn 19th century, 20th century, A, Africa, term definition