Ornamental braid or cording that can function as a garment closure, or be solely decorative.
The frock coat is a collared man’s coat worn through the eighteenth to the twentieth century. It rose to prominence mainly in the nineteenth century, especially Victorian England. It is characterized as a knee-length overcoat, buttoned down to the waist, that drapes over the lower half of the body like a skirt.
- 1930-1939In 1930-1939, 20th century, decade overview
- Grand Opening of the Museum of Historical Costume in Poznan, PolandIn 1880-1889, 19th century, blog
- Exhibitionism: 50 Years of The Museum at FITIn 20th century, 21st century, blog
- froggingIn 18th century, 19th century, F, term definition
- Gucci Strikes Red: China’s Love Affair with GucciIn 2000-2009, 2010-2019, 21st century, thematic essays