Ornamental braid or cording that can function as a garment closure, or be solely decorative.
The frock coat is a collared man’s coat worn through the eighteenth to the twentieth century. It rose to prominence mainly in the nineteenth century, especially Victorian England. It is characterized as a knee-length overcoat, buttoned down to the waist, that drapes over the lower half of the body like a skirt.
- chaperonIn 15th century, C, term definition
- 2010 – Alexander McQueen, dressIn 2010-2019, 21st century, garment analysis
- 1762 – Juan Patricio Morlete Ruiz, Portrait of Doña Maria Tomasa Durán López de CárdenasIn 1760-1769, 18th century, artwork analysis
- caracoIn 18th century, C, term definition
- 1630-1639In 1630-1639, 17th century, decade overview