The backstrap loom is a lightweight, mobile loom made of wood and a strap that is wrapped around the back. It only needed to be attached to a tree or a post for stability and to provide tension.
Chantilly lace is a kind of bobbin lace popularized in 18th century France. It is identifiable by its fine ground, outlined pattern, and abundant detail, and was generally made from black silk thread.
- The Fez and the Ottoman Path to ModernityIn 19th century, 20th century, thematic essays
- 1869 – Red Silk DressIn 1860-1869, 19th century, garment analysis
- katazome (stencil printing)In 18th century, 19th century, ancient, Asia, K, P, S, term definition
- 1905 – André Derain, Lucien GilbertIn 1900-1909, 20th century, artwork analysis
- Inès Gâches-Sarraute and the Straight-Front CorsetIn 1890-1899, 1900-1909, 1910-1919, 19th century, 20th century, thematic essays