The backstrap loom is a lightweight, mobile loom made of wood and a strap that is wrapped around the back. It only needed to be attached to a tree or a post for stability and to provide tension.
Chantilly lace is a kind of bobbin lace popularized in 18th century France. It is identifiable by its fine ground, outlined pattern, and abundant detail, and was generally made from black silk thread.
- 1785 – Adélaïde Labille-Guiard, Self-Portrait with Two PupilsIn 1780-1789, 18th century, artwork analysis
- bogolanfiniIn 20th century, Africa, B, term definition
- xicolliIn Americas, ancient, term definition, X
- 1997 – Besson, The Fifth ElementIn 1990-1999, 20th century, film analysis
- Norell: Flappers Back In FashionIn 1920-1929, 1960-1969, 20th century, LGBTQ+, thematic essays